Rostov State Medical University is the successor of Russian Warsaw University, evacuated to Rostov-on-Don and converted into The Don University. The best representatives of the medical schools of Warsaw, Moscow, St. Petersburg and Kazan were collected on its medical faculty and have founded their own unique Rostov medical school, which has become one of the best in Russia.
Top Rank Government Medical University; RostSMU Today
Rostov State Medical University is the largest basic training and research center in Southern Russia. Over the 85 years of its existence, it has become a diversified complex with 10 departments, Medical College, Military Training Center and its own Clinic.
- Leading and advanced doctors of our country have formed on the basis of the Rostov State Medical University their major scientific schools, headed by the Honored Workers of Science, Employees of high school, Honored Doctors, Honored Workers of Health and Culture, as well as world-renown scientists.
- Today, Rostov State Medical University operates 92 departments, the youngest of them is the Department of Medical Law. More than six hundred teachers are constantly working introducing innovations and interactive forms of learning. Among them, there are more than 119 Doctors of Science, professors and about 350 PhDs. The academicians and professors who are working at our University now continue to develop the best traditions of their predecessors.
- Rostov State Medical University is an international medical school that trains representatives of more than a hundred nationalities and ethnic groups from all over the world.
- The scientific work is organized and coordinated by the scientific and research activity and is implemented into the departments and courses. The Central Scientific Research Laboratory (CSRL) functions effectively, where a wide range of biochemical, molecular-genetic, morphological, microbiological studies are carrying out. We have The Scientific and Research Institute of Immunology and we are planning to have The Scientific and Research Institute of Urology and Neurology. The scientific research is done in 5 basic scientific directions: medical-biological problems; ecological-hygienic problems (environmental and health) of public health protection; scientific and organizational work for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of women, mothers and children’s major diseases; scientific and organizational work for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of surgical diseases; scientific and organizational work for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of major internal diseases.
- Rostov State Medical University develops international scientific cooperation with many countries exchanging scientific staff, students, teachers, highly qualified specialists and participating in international scientific conferences and congresses.
- The Clinic of our University is a multi-field medical institution, which has wide opportunities of modern diagnostic studies and a high level of effective specialized consultative, diagnostic and medical care to the population of the Rostov Region and other territories of the Southern Federal District and the Russian Federation. It is also the largest training base, which has all conditions for the educational process using the advanced forms and methods of training and modern achievements in medical science. In the Clinic, the students acquire the necessary skills and get acquainted with the most modern medical equipment.
- The Clinic of RostSMU includes 20 inpatient units with 675 beds (including 125-day care beds), 2 Departments of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, Consultative Outpatient Department, a Dental Department, Medical Center, Сenter of Medical Ophthalmology, 13 medical-diagnost
ic subdivisions, Blood Technology Center. Today the clinic staff consists of353 physicians, including 11 professors, 28 Doctors of Medical Science and 52 PhDs; more than 30 employees of the university are the main external specialists and experts of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation in the Southern Federal District, the Ministry of Health of the Rostov region and the Municipal Council «Health Management in Rostov-on-Don».
Admission open for the 2018-19 academic year
For direct admission please contact our official representative of foreign students:
+79515174507 (RUS) | +91-8010503035 (IND) | website: www.rrec.com.ru
Reliable Russian Educational Consultants (A Unit of Doctors-IEA Pvt. Ltd.)